We Need Your Help
Become A Volunteer
WE are Currently looking For individuals from the community who would be interested in helping in any of the following areas:
Fire Company Support
- Fundraising: Manpower limitations have forced the elimination of some of our fund raising events. We are looking for people to manage and execute fundraising which would allow us to renew some of these critical activities.
- Catering and kitchen help: We are looking for people to help out with catering dinners and fundraisers.
- Building operations and maintenance: Undertake basic maintenance and repair activities in those areas outside the garage area (kitchen, bathrooms, recreation room and outdoor grounds)
- Firefighter: Respond to calls to fight both building and wildfires and traffic accidents. Requires that men and women be over 18 years old and Junior members 14 and above. Training and equipment is provided. Criminal back checks and child abuse clearance is required.
- Fire Police: Respond to fire and accident calls to direct traffic and control pedestrian traffic. Training and equipment provided.
- EMS: Respond to medical emergencies . Training and equipment provided.
- Water Rescue personal: Respond to all water rescue emergencies. Training and equipment provided.
Anyone interested in becoming an active or supporting member of the Howard Fire Company can come to the station on any Thursday night for more information. Membership doesn't cost you anything but time. Everything you need is provided free of charge. All you need to bring is a desire to try something new and want to help others.